button with image as background AND a centered subtitle

Walter Hiller

Hi to all,

I just redesign part of may app and now want to use buttons / images with a dynamic subtitle, i.e. I have a flat icon for visitors and want to have a text like "VISITORS" below it - corresponding to the language the user has choosen. There are different solutions and tutorials with HTML and CSS, but I wonder if there is a more comfortable way in AppBuilder i.e using SetAttribute or SetProperties?
Thanks for your help.
regards,
Walter

DecSoft

Hello Walter,

Are you tried with an HTML control using some of the available font-icons inside? Take a look at the below app sample to get an idea about this approach:

IconSample.zip

Probably we can take a similar approach using IMG tags inside the HTML control. However, we can also try with an Image control with a Label or HTML control below (for the image label).

Because we need to start with something, take a look at the above attached sample and tell me what do you thing about Walter.

Walter Hiller

Hello David,
thanks for your sample. The HTML control is quite nice and works fine. But I would prefer a image control, because I now use it my code and I scale and re-position it, if the resolution is changed ... . I just would have to label it with a [variable.value]
Thanks

DecSoft

Hello Walter,

I think you must to use a Label or HTML control along the Image controls. That is, just positioning that label or HTML control (to show your image's label) below the Image controls. You can use Image control events like "MouseEnter" and "MouseLeave" to change the appropiate label, or just set the label with the appropiate text, depending on the app's language.

You found some problems with an approach like that Walter? I am missing something?

Walter Hiller

Hello David,

yes I think I will use a Label control, thats is the best way. Thanks!

DecSoft

Hello Walter,

Anyway, if you get stuck or something like that, just post it here! :)

Todo el mundo puede leer el foro de soporte de DecSoft para aprender del mismo, sin embargo, sólo los clientes de DecSoft pueden abrir nuevos hilos. Compre una o más licencias de productos de DecSoft y obtendrá este y otros beneficios.

Este sitio utiliza "cookies" útiles para almacenar sus preferencias.

Bien. Ocultar esta nota. Obtener más información.