If I use an image control and load a image, it does not show up

• d
  • h
  • m
  • s

Mike Felker

If I use a image control (say a background for the app), it looks fine in the IDE but press the RUN button to test and it does not show.

Meanwhile, a small image I loaded using the same control shows up just fine.

Any thoughts?

How do you load a background image into the app background property?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello Mike,

About the first question, we can specify images in various ways into an Image control. We can use the object inspector and then choose the Image property/variable to select a computer image file.

We can also open the app's files manager (see the App menu) and then choose an image from the appropiate tab. Then we can use the "app path" of such file for the Image property/variable.

In these both cases the image are copied into the appropiate place when the app is compiled. We can also specify an URL (not an app relative path) for the Image property/variable of an Image control.

About how to set an app background, probably the best way is to use the "background-image" CSS rule. We can set it for the entire application or just for one or more app's views. Take a look at the below thread for more information:

https://www.decsoftutils.com/support/viewtopic.php?id=160

Mike Felker

OK. I will look into coding it into the CSS.

BTW, how do you make controls semi-transparent? Is that possible? I have a drop down and a container that is going to hold images. I want to make them both a tiny bit transparent to allow the background to show through for a nice design touch. How would I do this?

I also need to know how to include a bunch of images in a container and allow the user to scroll/swipe the container to see more of the images and vice versa. How do I do this?

Lastly, I am studying the dropdown selection app sample, but I just cannot seem to wrap my head around how to make the dropdown list of items? In my case, they need to be like: Football, Baseball, Hockey, MMA, Karate, etc and I need the dropdown list to allow the user to select one, which will then show different graphics in the container based on the choice they make.

Help is greatly appreciated. I am reading all the documentation, looking at the tutorials and videos and trying to learn how to program in App Builder. It's a bit different than I am used to.

I am really liking your software!

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

OK. I will look into coding it into the CSS.

Remember we can include CSS files in our applications (from the app's files manager) and also the "Inline CSS" application's option. In both cases with can add additional CSS code to be applied, in addition to the CSS rules we can directly set in many of the controls.

BTW, how do you make controls semi-transparent? Is that possible? I have a drop down and a container that is going to hold images. I want to make them both a tiny bit transparent to allow the background to show through for a nice design touch. How would I do this?

Probably the "opacity" CSS rule can apply here? Take a look here.

I also need to know how to include a bunch of images in a container and allow the user to scroll/swipe the container to see more of the images and vice versa. How do I do this?

We probably can use a Container, an HTML control or a Report control. Probably the Container is not the best option if the image list can change in runtime. The HTML control offer a little more of control for runtime images, but probably the Report control can do the trick. So please, take a look at the Report control help and the "Report*" samples Mike.

Lastly, I am studying the dropdown selection app sample, but I just cannot seem to wrap my head around how to make the dropdown list of items? In my case, they need to be like: Football, Baseball, Hockey, MMA, Karate, etc and I need the dropdown list to allow the user to select one, which will then show different graphics in the container based on the choice they make.

The DropDown control (like the Select, MultiSelect, etc.) are based in Arrays variables. We can set the items in designtime by using the DropDown's "Items" variable from the object inspector. We can also set the DropDown items in runtime (add, modify, delete items, etc.) by modifying the "Items" variable. When an item is clicked the DropDown "ItemClick" event are fired, as you can see in the DropDown sample.

Help is greatly appreciated. I am reading all the documentation, looking at the tutorials and videos and trying to learn how to program in App Builder. It's a bit different than I am used to.

I am really liking your software!

Thanks Mike. Take your time to read the help and try with the samples. I think before we go ahead with any development we must be ready with certain concepts, actions, controls, etc. If have any further question don't hesitate to post in this forum: open a new thread so we maintain the questions and possible answer in a separated and useful way.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.