KeyDown event? Checking user's inputs on keyboard (and mouse click)

Walter Hiller

Hello,

In certain circumstances I have to survey the inputs from the keyboard, means to check pressed keys. I realise this by adding the code

... into index.html. But until now I don´t find a way to implement this function directly in AppBuilder.

Thanks for your help
Walter

DecSoft

Hello Walter,

The above code look well except for the "document.getElementById('action')", which maybe cause an error if the element "action" doesn't exists. On the other hand, try to leave the "index.html" without changes, since this file is generated automatically by the program in every debug/build operation. Then you can use a separated Javascript to do something like that.

Update your App Builder copy because I update it in order to add the KeyUp and KeyDown events for all Input controls, Textarea and Typeahead controls. You can use such events like others in App Builder, and remember the variable "Event" of the control contains the information about the event, then in the case of the KeyUp and KeyDown events, for example:

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.