recurrent control objects on all views of app

Walter Hiller

Hello,

may be a stupid question, but I need some support/ideas: If there are different controls like buttons ( FWD,REV, help buttons, or a logo.png, but also input controls for example) which sould be shown on most or all app views, how do I realise this with minimum of coding? CSS? Or also a different waay?

Thanks for all hints and advices,
Walter

DecSoft

Hello Walter,

Maybe is a good idea (I am not completely sure) and I will look on this more deeply, that is, something like a "shared view" or something like that. However, right now we can only do one thing: copy the controls we need into other view (remember to rename, because controls with the same name in different views can cause certain problems) and, now yes, reuse the controls' related code using app functions, for example.

So we must need to copy two similar buttons in various views, but, their Click event, for example, can just call to certain application function in order to do whatever we need. Then the controls' can't be reused at this time, but at least we can reuse their related code. Anway maybe in the near future we can have something like a "shared view" or "master view".

Sorry if I can't provide you other answer right now Walter.

DecSoft

Hello again,

I forget to comment one more thing. Certainly we don't have a "shared" or "master" view at this time, however, non visual controls are in fact shared across the application's views. Then we can have a Timer control in the Home view and start/stop it from an About view, for example. So controls who does not requires any HTML code (which are placed in the control's view) can be used across the application's views.

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.