Use the "hideurlbar" option in OpenWindow

Tinn Aphopchung
Hi,David.How can I set hideurlbar=yes in AB OpenWindow method? I try pure javascript.It work. Can I have an option to hide url bar? Thanks.

decsoft

Hello Tin,

It's the very first time that know the "hideurlbar" option. Let me to take a look, Tin, and I will back to you here. In the meanwhile, of course, you can continue the Javascript code "as is" like now.

Tinn Aphopchung
Thank you.Here is more information in option. https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/#example

decsoft

Hello Tin,

Thanks for the link. Yes; certainly there is a lot (a lot) of options for non specific platforms. I think this is why I choose only to include the "Show location bar" option: because this is the only one that works in all the platforms.

You can continue using the Javascript "as is". My idea (when possible) is to add a new action to AB, that allows to use all the possible options, without change the way in which the current "OpenWindow" action works, so we don't break the backward compatibility.

decsoft

Hello to all,

More information about this. I start to add a new "OpenWindowEx" action to AB when I fall into another question... yes; the "OpenWindow" action do not really use the "cordova.InAppBrowser.open", but the "window.open" method, in order to do their work.

I remember that in the past, the "InAppBrowser" plugin, automatically replace the "window.open" for their method, but, apparently this changes from sometime ago, and now we must do that explicitily by code, as we can see in the plugin's documentation.

This suprise me, because I can see that we are using "window.open", but this work like expected in certain Android app that I am developing! My doubt now is if I must change this... because maybe is not a good idea.

Let me to explain. The OpenWindow action, right now, relies on "window.open", works as expected, not only in Android, but also in all other platforms, including the web browser, because they no need to use any Cordova plugin.

So maybe it's a good idea to leave the "OpenWindow" action working like now. And, on the other hand, I am not to quite sure about the possible "OpenWindowEx" action, because this action must rely on the refered Cordova plugin.

Yes; some other actions relies on Cordova plugins, so, why not the "OpenWindowEx" one? Because I am not sure if this can be good, looking for the future. And more important... because we already can use the "cordova.InAppBrowser.open" without any problem, if we really wanted it!

Please, Tin, go ahead if you have any further question!

Todo el mundo puede leer el foro de soporte de DecSoft para aprender del mismo, sin embargo, sólo los clientes de DecSoft pueden abrir nuevos hilos. Compre una o más licencias de productos de DecSoft y obtendrá este y otros beneficios.

Este sitio utiliza "cookies" útiles para almacenar sus preferencias.

Bien. Ocultar esta nota. Obtener más información.