Undo does weird stuff

• d
  • h
  • m
  • s

Mike Felker

If I press undo, things I deleted a while ago come back.

For example, if I delete a logo and then do some editing and press undo for that editing, the logo comes back. Not only that, but if you press undo again, the logo comes back somewhere else in the project.

You may want to fix that bug. Is there a redo?

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

We must to differentiate between the designer and the code editor. The first one have an "undo" button, which allow us, basically, to undelete a previous deleted control in the designer. We have no redo here at this time. The code editor have also their own undo history and here we have a redo option too.

I am not sure if you experiment some unexpected behaviour since I can view here the expected one Mike.

Mike Felker

I am referring to the designer, not the code editor. Good working UNDO and REDO is critical for designing GUIs since mistakes are made and UNDO is a great way to correct them.

Mike

Mike Felker

decsoft

Hello,

I am referring to the designer, not the code editor. Good working UNDO and REDO is critical for designing GUIs since mistakes are made and UNDO is a great way to correct them.

Mike

The "Undo" is already supported by the AB designer, however, the "Redo" is quite complex Mike. Believe me or not, an environment like Delphi (with more than 20 years of history) has not a "Redo" option in their designer. I want to take a look (again) and put this in the TODO list, however, I really can't promise a "Redo" action quickly, since they appear to me very complex to implement. At least this is was I remember from the past (when a possible "Redo" action are planned).

Mike Felker

As long as UNDO works without problems, I will be a happy camper.

Mike

Mike Felker

Everybody can read the DecSoft support forum for learning purposes, however only DecSoft customers can post new threads. Purchase one or more licenses of some DecSoft products in order to give this and other benefits.

This website uses some useful cookies to store your preferences.

I agree. Hide this note. Give me more information.